Whether you are new in your fertility practice or advanced, this seminar promises to offer essential and advanced clinical skills and expert up to date timely information for all
As Diamond Partner with the Institute of Women’s Health & Integrative Medicine (IWHIM), NFH is pleased to sponsor:
Friday January 25, 2019, 1:15 p.m.-2:15 p.m.
Gut Microbiome in Childhood: Creating the Fertile Ground for the Prevention and Treatment of Disease in Pediatrics
Caroline Meyer, N.D
In this presentation, we will discuss the current state of the research on the impacts of the gut microbiome on critical areas of pediatric health including gastroenterology, mental health, immune system, and dermatology. Where applicable/known, we will discuss specific strains in relation to particular disease states. In doing so, we will present the relevance of healthy gut microbiome on pediatric health. We will discuss practical strategies from birth onwards on how to establish and maintain healthy gut microflora to prevent and mitigate illnesses in childhood and adolescence.
Saturday January 26, 2019, 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Pediatric Mental Health Update: What’s Novel and What’s Established in the Diagnosis, Treatment and Prevention of Depression, Anxiety and Addiction Disorders In Childhood and Adolescence
Leslie Solomonian, N.D
In this presentation, we will review the current state of research findings on the prevalence and treatment strategies for pediatric/adolescent depressive, anxiety and addiction disorders, including omega-3 fatty acids, dietary patterns, Vitamin D, botanicals and amino acids. We will explore promising new treatments including modifying gut microbiome, botanicals and amino acids. We will specifically discuss the controversy and clinical application of recognizing gaming disorder in the context of addiction in the pediatric population. Case studies will provide practical strategies to implement evidence-based interventions for pediatric patients.
- PANS - An Integrative Approach to A Difficult But Treatable Disorder
- Gut Microbiome In Childhood: Fertile Ground for the Prevention and Treatment
- Sleep – a foundation of mental health for teens
- The impact of toxins on the microbiome of children.... and strategies for recovery.
- Down Syndrome: More Than Just an Extra Chromosome
- The Skin Patch: Botanical medicine for Pediatric Dermatological conditions
- Pediatric Mental Health Update: Current and Novel Approaches for Depression, Anxiety, Addiction
- ADD and ADHD: Could this be Sleep Disorder
- Childhood Vaccines: Is there a One Size-Fits-All Schedule; Benefits/Risks; Pros/Cons
- Adolescent Suicide: Leaning into the difficult conversations that can save lives
- Creative Compliance: making herbal medicines palatable and formulations for specific conditions
Sarah McCallister N.D., Caroline Meyer N.D., Catherine Darley N.D., Amanda Watters N.D., Erica Peirson N.D., Leslie Solomonian N.D., Hilary Andrews N.D., Michele Pero M.D., Sheila Kingsbury N.D., Paul Thomas M.D.
Continuing Education Credits
14.25 hours general; 2 hours pharmacy; 16.25 hours total
January 25-27, 2019 University Place Hotel, Portland, Oregon
To register for the conference please go to http://instituteofwomenshealth.com/registration/